Back from the warm weather of London (yes, for Canadians London is a tropical destination), the Income Access team is happy to report that the 2015 edition of the London Affiliate Conference was the best yet! It is truly amazing to see the event grow year on year and how healthy the affiliate industry is.
It was great to catch up with familiar faces, meet some of the up-and-coming affiliates and operators, and spend time with the people that help mold this industry each and every day through their hard work.
As usual, LAC would not have been as big of a success without our partners who joined us at the Income Access booth, so we want to send a special thanks to:
- Apollo Bet
- Bet Motion/Partners Only
- Bet Visions
- Buck & Butler
Our team came back with tons of great information and we wanted to share some of the trends observed across affiliates:
- Mobile was a big topic of discussion at the conference. I hosted a session on how to maximise ROI from your mobile campaigns and both the attendance and feedback following the presentation was great. Clearly mobile is now plotted on everyone’s roadmap to success.
- The US market continues to be a hot topic. Affiliates are really starting to see the value of engaging this market and that this value extends beyond New Jersey. With the growth of horse racing, fantasy and social in the US, a lot of positive conversation is focused on how to leverage these markets.
- Competition for traffic is continuing to increase. With more brands entering the gaming space and contending for a limited amount of traffic, affiliates are being more selective of which brands they promote. This is a great opportunity for operators to ensure they are offering the best product they can!
- Having a responsive site, at the bare minimum, is essential in today’s affiliate industry. We spoke with a growing number of affiliates that are in the process of launching their own apps as well.
- Affiliates are looking for operators with full cross-platform ability and clear-cut player journeys. The biggest takeaway here is that affiliates want their lives to be made easy by having their links tracked cross-platform and traffic sent to the optimised landing pages according to their channel.
- App Tracking was a big hit once again! Affiliates are very interested in being notified of operators implementing app tracking as this opens up the ability to increase traffic/value through mobile promotion.
- Bitcoin continues to be a topic that affiliates are keeping an eye on. With an increasing number of brands offering Bitcoin currency, affiliates are working on ways they can incorporate this into their sites and leverage this growing segment.
As always, whenever we get a chance to visit London, attending a football match is a must. Sarah Robertson from our Business Development team and I attended the Chelsea vs. Man City match. EPL mega-match bucket list – CHECK!
Please get in touch if you have any questions from the conference or are looking to discuss potential opportunities with Income Access-powered brands! (Allan@incomeaccess.com).
We look forward to seeing you all again at the iGaming Super Show in Amsterdam!