A guest blog post by SEO Expert Roo Wright.As a website owner or internet marketing professional, it goes without saying that you dream of the day when your target keywords will reach the top of page one in the Google search results.
While this may be something you think about often, you also know one thing to be true: it’s easier said than done.
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to bump your rankings. By taking the right approach, you will soon find your search engine rankings slowly increasing, and validating your strategy.
Here are five tips to follow:
1. Create High Quality ContentGone are the days when low quality yet high quantity content would work in your favour. In today’s world, you must generate high quality content if you want your website to reach the top of the rankings.
A good strategy for getting started is to review the content published by the websites currently on page one for your target keywords. From there, make a plan for creating higher quality content. It really is that simple.
2. Update Your Content OftenWouldn’t it be nice if you could create high quality content, reach the first page of Google, and then call it a day?
This isn’t how things work. You need to update your content often, all the while maintaining the same level of quality.
Not only will this bump your rankings, but it can help you rank for a larger number of keywords. The end result is just what you want: more traffic to your website.
3. Build Links NaturallyThere was a day and age when buying links was all the rage. It didn’t matter how you secured links to your website as long as you were successful in doing so.
Today, if you take this approach, it won’t be long before your site is penalized.
If you want to build links today, it’s imperative that you do so in a natural manner. This means one thing: creating high quality content that other sites want to link to. When you do this, you never have to concern yourself with “crossing the line” and being penalized as a result.
4. Make the Most of MetadataContent and links are important, but you also need to focus on the metadata of your website. Once you are on the right track, this is easy to do.
Generally speaking, metadata is made up of three things:
- Title metadata
- Description metadata
- Keyword metadata
Don’t forget to add this to each new page that you publish.
5. Be PatientAs nice as it would be, you can’t expect your rankings to go through the roof over night. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to reach the top of the search engines, so make sure you are in it for the long haul.
When you exercise patience, day in and day out, you will begin to take small steps. When you get restless, however, it is possible you could make decisions that work against your website’s rankings.
A Final WordThese five tips are nothing secret, but they have been proven to help increase search engine rankings.
When you add these to your strategy, you’ll likely soon realize that your keywords are inching up the rankings.