There is no shortage of social media insights on the internet. But what about tips specific to the dynamic iGaming industry? In a business where regulations vary by region, it’s not always easy to find social media tips and tricks that are applicable to the iGaming world.
Social media marketing is a long-term play. Developing an impactful social media strategy involves a high level of moderation and maintenance, and requires substantial time investment. Because of this, it’s important for you as iGaming marketers to focus your efforts on tactics that complement our industry, whether you are developing a marketing strategy for your own brand or promoting multiple brands as an affiliate. We’ve done our research and have come up with four social media tips relevant to your iGaming brand:
1. Be critical when choosing your social media networks
While it may be tempting to gravitate toward the top 3 social media networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), consider other channels that may be more effective for niche industries. Reddit, for example, has proven to be a great fit for gambling sites. Listed among the top 5 social networks that send traffic to iGaming sites, Reddit is a social network that should not be neglected.
In addition to its popularity, Reddit is also a great medium for posting all types of content. Because Reddit posts are not pre-moderated, there is no threat of posts being banned or accounts being made inactive. Unlike Facebook, where a viral post is at risk of being shut down should it contain gambling-related content, Reddit gives you the freedom to post promotional content in subreddits, which in essence is a niche discussion and sharing forum within Reddit, that are relevant to your offering.
2. Get targeted when sharing across channels
Paid social media content can be extremely targeted, allowing you to choose exactly which audience you reach and when. This is particularly valuable in the gaming industry, as no vertical has quite the same niche target demographics, events, or audience interests.
Twitter TV ads, for example, are a new paid targeting option from which iGaming marketers stand to benefit a lot.TV targeting allows brands to promote Tweets to people engaged with specific TV programmes before, during and after a telecast. Whether it’s an affiliate promoting a sportsbook during the Olympics or an online horse betting site advertising during the Triple Crown, Twitter TV ads are a great tool to ensure your promotions are being seen by the players who are most likely to convert.
3. Assemble your creatives strategically
Both operators and affiliates have a vested interest in showcasing creatives that convert. Wording, sizing and visuals are key factors in developing a successful creative. To make sure your ad placements have maximum impact, keep the following factors in mind:
- Content: Giveaways and prize draws are typically the type of content that receive the most engagement on social media. Get your followers excited about your brand by giving them an incentive to interact with your content.
- Visuals: Be mindful of the many advertising specifications when developing a new paid campaign on social media. Tools like Canva, Piktochart and PicMonkey are great for brands that might not have the design resources available to produce compliant, high-quality visuals for every promotion.
- Positioning: Visuals are key to getting player’s attention. Rather than including the details of your promotion in the status or promotion landing page, try to include it in the visual itself. This makes it easy for your players to digest the content and improves the likelihood of a response.
4. Get the complete view of your social media performance
Social media insights give you nearly all the data you need to target with laser precision, but they aren’t able to tell you whether the players who interacted with your ad placements are actually converting. The issue is no longer simply getting data about impressions and reach, but rather understanding what value your marketing efforts are bringing, and being able to compare them against your other channels.
Tracking social media campaigns within your acquisition tracking and reporting tool provides you with a complete view of your campaign performance. You’ll be able to see player activity from first impression, all the way through to registration and deposit. Easily compare the volume and value specific social media campaigns are delivering against your affiliate channel, AdWords campaigns, display, and even organic traffic to your site.
Want to know how to set this up in your Income Access platform? Get in touch with your account manager, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.